At ChemPoint, we’re revolutionizing the way chemicals are bought and sold. We offer paid internships that provide a great opportunity for you to apply critical thinking skills and the knowledge gained from your current curriculum in a real-world professional environment.
Only looking to hire an intern who is currently going to school in the local Seattle/Bellevue area and can work during the 2019-2020 school year.
A DAY IN YOUR INTERNSHIP:
- You will compile and analyze data to identify areas for improvement to current Customer Solutions & Quality Team and Conformance processes
- Evaluate current system efficiency by compiling metrics using pivot tables and various data analysis tools in Excel.
- Work on specialized projects with oversight from Regulator Manager to analyze data and streamline responsiveness on a global scale.
- You will help manage the Quality Team processes, including but not limited to:
- Support and evolve the QualityTeam task manager
- Appropriately file and format documents within ChemPoint’s document management system
- Collect collateral and communicate directly with customers, suppliers, and other teams.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Pursuing a 4 year degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, business, sales certificate or related disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage with a wide variety of personality typers as various professional skill-levels.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, especially Excel functions and formulas.
- High-energy level paired with curiosity and keen desire to learn and understand business acumen in a dynamic, aggressively-growing company.
- A desire to work in a team-selling environment and willingness to drive sales through market research efforts.
- Self-motivated with high-achiever mentality, entrepreneurial spirit, and strong leadership skills, decision-making abilities, and work ethic.
Univar Solutions/ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.